Please note that this care guarantee does not count as an application to our practice and can only be submitted AFTER a consultation with one of our midwives. So always make an appointment with us first, by phone or online.
Are you pregnant or have just given birth to a wonderful little being? Congratulations! Your baby brings along a set of profound new changes; to ensure that this exciting period runs smoothly, it is highly recommended to work with a qualified midwife. The Leuvense Vroedvrouwerij midwifery practice is there to actively support you and your family throughout the early maternity process and help you with all the questions and concerns you may experience.
Together, we strive to make your pre- and post-natal period a well-managed and positive experience. We want to be at your disposal at all times, and that is why we work on the basis of a so-called care guarantee.
What does this mean for you?
- Our first home visit after birth takes place already within 24 hours after returning home from the hospital. By doing so, we can address all your questions and doubts swiftly and carefully.
- Until the 5th day after birth we will visit you on a daily basis. Afterwards we will pass by regularly yet less often, with a consultation visit planned when your baby turns 10 days, 3 weeks and 6 weeks respectively.
- We provide active support and monitoring of both your health and that of your baby until his/her first birthday. From the moment that your baby turns 6 weeks, the appointments are scheduled upon your own request.
- Do you have any further questions? You can always reach your dedicated midwife day and night by phone 7 days a week, for the first 5 days after birth. Your midwife will tell you if you need to contact a colleague when she isn't available for that time.
- Are you urgently in need of a breast pump device? We dispose of an array of pumps that you may borrow free of charge for a maximum period of 1 week (please note this depends on availability; for hygiene reasons, it is mandatory to purchase the pump set).
How much does this cost?
We are convinced that midwifery services should be affordable and we strive to keep it that way. Our midwives are all formally affiliated, meaning we settle all the costs directly with your Flemish insurance provider, after which you receive a transparent service overview by post or email.
Your personal share for the care we provide is structured as follows:
- Firstly, an administration fee of €30 is due for the set-up of your digital file. This is required in order to safely and efficiently create, manage and consult your medical file anytime and anywhere. Your digital file fee will be charged during the file set-up which usually happens during our first meeting. For a next pregnancy seen by us, this share isn't charged.
- Secondly, a one-off fixed fee of €50 is due for our 24/24h service availability, 7/7 care, all the medical materials, emergency breast pump device and so on. This fee is charged together with the admin fee.
- Finally, a transport allowance of €7, 9 or 11 per home visit will be due, depending on your place of residence.
We want to give all families - notwithstanding their financial status - an opportunity to work with our practice. Therefore do not hesitate to discuss this fee policy further with us if deemed necessary.
Formal consent for processing your personal data by the 'Leuvense Vroedvrouwerij' midwifery practice:
1. Legal framework
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC = General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Data processing objectives
Hereby, the 'Leuvense Vroedvrouwerij' midwifery practice wishes to ask your permission to process your personal data in the context of your pregnancy/work/childbirth/postpartum care.
In particular, it is intended to process your personal data in order to provide adequate care in the context of your pregnancy/work/childbirth/postpartum care and to achieve adequate multidisciplinary cooperation with other fellow care providers.
3. Data processing manager
Your personal data will always be processed under the joint responsibility of the 'Leuvense Vroedvrouwerij' midwifery practice, consisting of Ms. Goedele Deseyn, Ms. Annemie Paquay, Ms. Leila Rchaidia and Ms. Els Valvekens, with practice based in Leuven. Ms. Goedele Deseyn can be reached as a central contact point at +32470974303 or email@example.com.
4. Patient's rights
Within the framework of the processing of your personal data referred to in this form, you have the right at all times to get hold of all your personal data free of charge and, if necessary, to adjust any incorrect and/or incomplete personal data free of charge. You may request that your personal data are temporarily not processed (except in a number of cases provided by law) until the accuracy of your personal data has been confirmed.
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data or to have it transferred to an institution/person of your choice, in a format that makes this personal data easily transferable.
Your personal data will not be stored longer than necessary for the purposes described in this form. From a legal point of view, there is an obligation to keep your personal data for at least 20 years. If, in the meantime, it appears that the storage is no longer necessary for the purposes described in this form, your personal data will still be stored in accordance with the current legal obligations, but will no longer be used for these purposes.
If you believe that your personal data has not been processed lawfully and in accordance with the legal requirements, you can issue a complaint to the Data Protection Authority (contact details available at www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be). Please address your complaint to the data controller in the first instance. Usually, any problems/misunderstandings are quickly solved.
If you undersign this form, you agree that your personal data will be processed for the purposes described in this form. You may withdraw your consent at any time by notifying the data controller by means of the above mentioned data, without having to give any reason for doing so.
If you withdraw your consent, the controller will not use your personal data for the purposes described in this form. However, the withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of the data processing operations already carried out prior to the withdrawal of your consent or of data processing operations that may be carried out without your consent and the legal obligation of retention.
If you decide to refuse or withdraw your consent, this will not envisage any disadvantage for your current care provision.